UK Local Authority Licences – Source Materials

Obtaining a Premises Licence from the Local Licensing Authority is required for most bricks and mortar gambling operations in Great Britain. This includes casinos, off-track betting shops, bingo halls, adult gaming centres and family entertainment centres.Exceptions include on-track betting pitches (a single premises licence is obtained for the track), and authority to hold gaming activities  and position gaming machines in pubs and clubs, which is administered by the local licensing authority by permit.

Part 8 of the Gambling Act 2005 is the section which deals with premises licences, and defines the process.

To continue reading please log in or request a demo to speak to a member of the team.

Request a Trial

Click here to request a trial