UK Remote Market Hits £5.63bn Following Margin-Boosted World Cup

Gross gambling yield (GGY) in the mammoth UK remote gambling market totalled £5.63bn in the year to September 2018, up 2.9 percent from the £5.48bn recorded in the year ending March 2018, as stronger football betting margins offset a plateau in staking volumes.

According to the UK Gambling Commission’s latest set of industry statistics, remote sports betting accounted for £2.46bn or 43.7 percent of market-wide remote GGY during the September reporting period, with online gaming driving the remaining £3.17bn or 56.3 percent of the total.

To continue reading please log in or request a demo to speak to a member of the team.

Request a Trial

Click here to request a trial